Code of Ethics & Business Conduct
At Genser, it’s not just our results that matter – it’s the way we achieve them. The key responsibilities associated with this Code are understanding and compliance. All Genser policies stem from our Core Values. These common values must therefore inspire all our actions and decisions.
Our Core Values are:
- Integrity & transparency
- Commitment to excellence, quality & safety
- Customer orientation
- Community focus
- Trust and mutual respect among employees and customers
- Employees will not engage in conduct or activity that may raise questions as to the company's honesty, impartiality, reputation or otherwise cause embarrassment to the company
Fair Employment Practices
- Equal Opportunity for employee development and learning
- Fair treatment and harassment-free work environment
- Culture where ethical conduct is recognized, valued and exemplified by all employees
- Shall not unfairly discriminate on the basis of race, caste, religion, color, ancestry, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, ethnic origin or disability
- In compliance with all relevant environmental and worker health and safety laws and regulations
- Free from discrimination, hazards, harassment, and behavior not conducive to a productive work climate.
- Empower employees through education
- Strong ‘speak up’ culture
Quality of Goods and Services
- Strive to ensure that our products and services meet the legally required safety and quality standards
Environment and Society
- Strive to be a good corporate citizen by promoting social welfare activities, promoting sustainability and minimizing the adverse impact of company operations on the environment.
Accurate Books and Records
- Maintain accurate accounts and records which reflect the true and fair picture of the company’s affairs in compliance with accepted accounting principles and standards for financial reporting.
Bribery and Corruption
- Prohibit bribery in any form in all its business dealings and maintain strong controls to prevent and detect improper payment.
- Comply with anti-money laundering and terrorist financing laws and report unaccounted cash or suspicious transactions.
Suppliers, partners & third party relationships
- Treat suppliers fairly and with respect
- Deal with suppliers who comply with ethical practices
- Actively look for issues so that we can fix them.
- Partner with our suppliers to improve working conditions and to protect the environment
- Meeting standards at all times
Genser acknowledges that the Standards of Business Conduct cannot address every challenging situation that may arise.